Blog Stats

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Skippack Events, Gallery Exhibitions & First Friday Information

The Village Barn November 2011 Art Exhibition

Claire Goldenberg
Mixed media

ABOUT THE ARTIST


BIOGRAPHY
Claire Goldenberg shares her love of nature and fascination with colors in her delightful landscapes, floral paintings and collages. She has captured her enthusiasm for painting in her lovely watercolors and pastels. At times she mixes soft pastels, pencils and/or pen and ink with watercolor to present most imaginative renderings.

“Bursting inside is an energetic, positive, creative spirit,” says Claire of her art. “My collages allow the child inside out to play.” A design and graphics background enables me to fill my paintings with realism tempered at times with fantasy and fun.

Claire has studied with many fine instructors including Jim McFarlane, JoAnn Cooksey Bono, Teresa De Seve, Nancy Barch, Howard Watson, and Martin Zippin. She has attended workshops taught by a host of fine artists including Nita Engle, Tony Couch, Frank Webb, Don Anderson, Roland Roycraft, Timothy Hawkesworth, Kass Morin Freeman, and Tom Lynch among many others.

She is a juried member of The Delaware Valley Art League and the Artists Guild of Delaware County, a member of the Greater Norristown Art League, and an associate member of the Philadelphia Watercolor Society and the National Collage Society.

Claire has exhibited at American College in Bryn Mawr, Wayne Art Center, Aronomink Country Club, Drexel University, Penn Med at Radnor, Woodmere Art Gallery, Tyme Gallery, Waterfall Gallery, Newman Gallery, and The Philadelphia Sketch Club. She has won numerous awards and is in many private collections.

STATEMENT
I paint how I feel about what I see. I am always flattered when viewers say my paintings make them “feel happy”.

I love color. Each medium allows color to be expressed differently—so I experiment and enjoy working in various mediums and on different papers. Sometimes I’ll do a pure watercolor, and other times I will add pastel or collage. Watercolor is full of surprises, pastels’ color is like no other medium, and collage is just fun.

Mixed media lets me to express fully how I feel.

I believe we all have a “child” within us. Whimsy allows freedom for the child inside. I sometimes add whimsy with color, collage, or pen and ink.

Sometimes I’ll add Pen and Ink to a painting. This allows me to “draw” over the paint.

Happy accidents allow new discoveries for me as a painter, and for you, the viewer.

I am always pleased when a painting connects with the viewer, no matter the medium.

I am constantly learning and am always ready to accept the next lesson. - Claire Goldenberg


Opening Reception:  First Friday - November 4, 2011, 5 - 9pm

Meet the Artist Every Weekend in November from 1 - 3pm.

THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC FOR ALL TO ENJOY.

Read past, current and future exhibition details at:
www.GreenWolfsVillageBarn.com
.

Art, Culture, Community

In the east village of historic Skippack.
4010 Skippack Pike
Skippack, PA 19474

(610) 584-6396

No comments:

Post a Comment